23.6 C
Batangas

PENRO Cavite among Top 3 Performing Field Offices for Eagle Award Nationwide

Must read

- Advertisement -

The Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (PENRO) Cavite made it to the list of top 3 Implementing PENROs for Calendar Year 2020 based on the results of Phase I of the “Environmental Awards for Governance and Leadership Excellence” (EAGLE).

Calendar year 2020 has been a tumultuous and a challenging one. It literally compelled the department’s operations and activities to scale back to secure the safety of its personnel, although some of the employees were tasked to be part of the skeletal force to still continue performing our respective duties and responsibilities in accord to our mandate.

However, PENRO Cavite would not allow Covid-19 to obstruct its program/activities implementation towards environmental protection and conservation. Amidst the lockdown, environmental protection activities have been undertaken throughout Cavite to watch-over the province’s natural resources.

Through collaborative efforts and cooperation of DENR-PENRO Cavite personnel, unwavering support from DENR Calabarzon Regional Office and with the excellent leadership of its Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Officer Forester Ronita A. Unlayao, PENRO Cavite finally made it to the top three.  It is a great honor and pride to represent the entire DENR CALABARZON Region in delivering good customer service as well as promoting a culture of excellence and leadership in the organization.

Based on the criteria, the candidates were assessed and evaluated in two phases of scoring. The first phase comprised 75% of the nominees’ overall performance rating. This includes the efficiency and effectiveness of the office in the delivery of services to the public. The second phase comprise the remaining 25% which will be rated based on the leadership abilities of the nominated official. Leadership of the candidates will be measured in terms of Integrity, Service Orientation, Network Building, Strategic Focus, and Managerial Acumen through the conduct of survey to subordinates.

Moreover, peer to peer survey will also be administered by the Personnel Division-Human Resources Development Service of DENR Central Office while the Panel Interview will be conducted by superiors composed of Undersecretaries, Assistant Secretaries, Directors and Third- Party Evaluators. EAGLE aims to recognize and commend officials who demonstrated exemplary leadership and relentlessly fulfill their duties in pursuit of the Departments’ goals and objectives despite the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

More articles

THE Philippine entertainment industry lost another renowned actress, Jacklyn Jose, or Mary Jane Santa Ana Guck in real life. The iconic star, who was born on October 21, 1964 in Angeles, Pampanga was known was her exemplary performance as an...
HEEDING the president’s call to provide assistance to victims of calamities, the Government Service Insurance System (GSIS) has opened its emergency loan window until March 15 to aid GSIS members and pensioners adversely affected by the flooding in the...
Maxim, one of the major network companies in the Philippines, has obtained Certificate of Accreditation as Transport Network Company from the Department of Transportation and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB). The company is now announcing the...
- Advertisement -

Latest article

- Advertisement -