IN response to a growing following of SM’s Shop and Make Art in 2016 and 2017, a new wave of art enthusiasts is expected to join in this year’s contest dubbed as “Sneaktify”. To join, a minimum purchase of Php 2,000 at SM Supermalls in South Luzon is required, inclusive of sneakers from partner brands such as Kicks, Sprint, Sugar Kids, and Tough Kids.
Customers can style at their hearts’ desire focusing on either fashion, futurology, cutie cartoons, or crazy patterns.From all the entries, only the top 10 per category will advance to the cluster finals to be held in SM City Dasmarinas, SM City Lipa, and SM City Santa Rosa. Out of all the cluster finalists, 40 entries will be chosen and will get a chance to be featured on the runway during the #SneakerSesh: Runway Showdown.
Trending names in the fashion industry will determine who will win in the grand finals. One grand winner will be named per category to take home Php 30,000 worth of SM Shopping Money.
Here are the details:
- A minimum of P2,000 purchase from any store inside any participating SM Supermalls from April 1 to June 30, 2018 will entitle you to join the contest.
- **Maximum of 2 receipts only, but receipts can be of different dates within the promo period.
- ** One of the receipts must be a proof of purchase of canvas sneakers from SM Store. The participating brands are: Kicks, Sprint, Sugar Kids, and Tough Kids.
- **Purchase must be made in the mall where shopper will register.
- **P2,000 is equivalent to one art entry only.
For SM Center Lemery:4
- Canvas sneakers must be purchased at The SM Store of SM City Batangas.
- Balance of receipts must come from any store at SM Center Lemery.
2. Register by presenting the said receipts to #Sneaktify booth located at the Event Center of the following participating SM Supermalls during mall hours:
|Cluster 1||Cluster 2||Cluster 3|
|SM City Dasmariñas||SM City Sta. Rosa||SM City Lipa|
|SM City Bacoor||SM City Calamba||SM City Batangas|
|SM City Molino||SM City San Pablo||SM City Lucena|
|SM City Rosario||SM City Naga|
|SM City Trece Martires||SM Center Lemery|
|SM Center Imus|
3. Upon presentation of valid receipt/s, registrants should fill out the registration form provided by the booth personnel. The participant will also receive a registration stub which will be presented upon submission of the dressed up sneakers.
4. Shoppers may dress up their sneakers based on the following categories:
Futurology – 3D abstract, lights, buildings, things beyond reality
Shimmering Fashion – anything using beads, sequins, glitters, studs, furs, ribbons and laces, fashionable twisted chains, fashion accessories, fabrics, patches
Cutie Cartoons – anything depicting cartoonized images of person/s and/ or animal/s
Crazy Patterns – applicable to canvas sneakers with existing patterns bought at SM Store
5. Use your preferred art materials and accessories to create WEARABLE designed sneakers. However, the following items are NOT ALLOWED: (1) items needing electrical plugging; (2) sharp or pointed items that can cause wounds; (3) heavy-weight or huge materials; (4) food (cooked or uncooked); and (5) items that would cause spillage.
6. Submit your dressed-up sneakers at the booth where you registered together with the registration stub and a 3R photo of your entry against a white background. All valid entries will be given an SM pin. This pin must be attached on the laces of the sneakers. Submission of entries will be from April 1, 2018 to June 30, 2018, 6:00 p.m. Submitted entries are considered final.
7. Each participant may submit a maximum of four (4) entries per participating mall – 1 pair of dressed up sneakers per category. Each entry must have corresponding valid receipt/s as stated in #1. However, only one (1) entry per participant will be qualified to advance to the Regional Finals across all clusters. In case more than one (1) entry qualifies for a certain participant, SM Supermalls will automatically choose the entry with the highest score to advance to the Regional Finals.
8. What will happen after submission?
July 4 to 12 – all entries will be displayed in the participating mall’s Event Centers
July 4 to 10 – Voting for People’s Choice Award must be done within this period. Mechanics are as follows:
- Shoppers must present a PhP300-single receipt purchase from participating SM Supermalls at #Sneaktify booth.
- Shoppers will be given 1 voting stub for every PhP300 receipt purchase. Shoppers shall completely fill out the stub with the following details:
- Name of Category and Number of Entry
- Name and signature of the voter, email address and mobile number
- Voters will drop the stub on a sealed drop box located at #Sneaktify booth.
- Tabulation of Votes will be on the last day of voting per participating mall.
Physical judging will be done on July 4, 2018 at 1pm onwards.
Criteria for Judging: Creativity (Expression, Use of Color/ Technique, Variety of Materials, Eye catching) – 50%; Originality – 25%; Composition / Over all look (Not over crowded, Contrast between components and background) – 25%; TOTAL – 100%
July 11 – People’s Choice Award and Top 10 entries per category will be announced on each mall’s facebook page. Top 10 entries per category and the People’s Choice Award will advance to the Regional Finals. In case that the People’s Choice Awardee is part of the Top 10 in one category, no additional entry will be chosen to advance to the Regional Finals.
- Top 10 per Category – P1,000 worth of SM Shopping Money each
- People’s Choice Award – P2,000 worth of SM Shopping Money
July 16 to 21 – the Top 10 dressed up sneakers per category per mall will be displayed at the venue of the Regional Finals per cluster:
- Cluster 1 – SM City Dasmariñas
- Cluster 2 – SM City Santa Rosa
- Cluster 3 – SM City Lipa
From all the cluster entries, only the top 10 per category across the cluster will advance to the Sneaker Sesh: Final Runway Showdown.
Judging for the final Top 10 per category will be done on July 16, 2018 at 1pm onwards. Entries will be judged using the same criteria above. Announcement will be made on July 17, 2018 through the cluster malls’ facebook pages.
9. Sneaker Sesh: Final Runway Showdown
The final 40 per cluster will be strutted on the ramp during the #Sneaktify: Runway Ready fashion showdown on July 22, 2018 at 3pm. Each finalist must provide the model to wear the dressed up sneakers as well as the model’s clothes and accessories.
Criteria for Judging:
Creativity (Expression, Use of Color/Technique, Variety of Materials, Eye catching) – 30%; Originality – 25%; Composition / Over all look (Not over crowded, Contrast between components and background) – 25%; Runway Ready (overall appeal of the model and the sneakers on the runway) – 20%. TOTAL – 100%
There will be one (1) runner up and one (1) grand winner per category with the corresponding prize:
- Runner Up – P3,000 worth of SM Shopping Money
- Grand Winner – P30,000 worth of SM Shopping Money
Shopping Center Management Corporation shall shoulder the 20% prize tax in excess of Php 10,000.
10. Announcement of winners will be posted on facebook, Instagram, and on site of the participating SM Supermalls branch. An email will also be sent to the winners.
11. To claim prizes, present the following: Two (2) valid Ids; and Email from SM Supermalls
12. In the absence of the winner, an authorized representative must present the following to claim the prize on behalf of the winner:
- Authorization Letter from the Winner
- Two (2) valid government IDs of the Winner
- Two (2) valid government IDs of the Representative
- Email from SM Supermalls
13. Unclaimed prizes after 60 days of notification will be reported to DTI and upon approval by DTI shall be forfeited in favor of Shopping Center Management Corporation.
14. All artworks submitted will be copyrighted by SM Supermalls. Non-winning entries will be returned to participants upon presentation of two (2) valid IDs. Entries chosen for the Regional Finals will be the property of SM Supermalls for six (6) months after the contest and may be used for any publicity-related activity.
15. SM Supermalls reserves the right to use the participants’ identification & contact information gathered from the application to be used on press releases.
16. Shopping Center Management Corporation’s with DTI supervision, together with the judges’ decision is final and in concurrence with DTI.
17. Not qualified to participate in this promotion: Employees of Shopping Center Management Corporation, its affiliates, mall tenants and the relatives of the employees up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity.|-PR / #BALIKAS_News